Baker Cheese is pleased to announce that our low-moisture part-skim string cheese has been awarded 2nd and 3rd place in the 2022 Wisconsin State Fair Dairy Products Contest in the String Cheese Category.
Dairy manufacturers from around the state submitted over 300 entries for the contest, which took place June 23 at the Wisconsin State Fair Park. The contest featured over 40 classes for cheese, sour cream, butter, yogurt, and milk.
The 2022 Grand Master Cheesemaker, Grand Champion Butter, Grand Champion Yogurt, Grand Champion Sour Cream and Grand Champion Milk was announced at the Blue Ribbon Dairy Products Auction on Thursday, August 11 at The Wisconsin State Fair Park.
Baker Cheese cheesemakers Kevin Entringer and Dan Schwind were thrilled to learn of their State Fair win.
“Year after year, we are amazed that our string cheese continues to be awarded amongst the incredible field of entries in America’s Dairyland,” said Brian Baker, President of Baker Cheese. “Wisconsin has a tremendous tradition of producing high quality cheese and to be named in this field of entities is a true testament to our dedicated team of employees.”
Our Award-Winning History
Baker Cheese is proud of its long history of producing award-winning string cheese. As a leading global string cheese manufacturer committed to supporting local dairy farms, we are pleased to be recognized by the industry.
- In 2021, Baker Cheese was awarded 3rd place at the Wisconsin State Fair Dairy Products Contest.
- In 2020, Baker Cheese was named the 2020 Dairy Plant of the Year by Dairy Foods.
- In 2019, Baker Cheese was proud to receive 2nd and 3rd place at the U.S. Champion Cheese Contest.
- In 2018, Baker Cheese was awarded 2nd place at the World Champion Cheese Contest.
- In 2017, Baker Cheese won 1st and 3rd place in the String Cheese Division at the World Dairy Exposition.
- In 2016, the company was proud to accept the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards in the String Cheese Division at the World Dairy Exposition.
- Baker Cheese was awarded the Best Flavored String Cheese in the World at the 2016 World Champion Cheese Contest for its jalapeno-flavored string cheese.
Taste our award-winning, fresh string cheese by visiting the Baker Cheese Country Cheese Store today!
Baker Cheese is a string cheese manufacturer located in St. Cloud, Wisconsin. Through generations of innovation, we have maintained the key elements to create truly exceptional, award-winning natural string cheese.
If you are interested in purchasing Baker Cheese products, visit our Cheese Store page, or contact us to learn about our private label opportunities and learn more about the benefits of being a part of the Baker Cheese family, where quality is our family tradition.